Job Opportunity at Journeys in Columbia Mall
Posted Mon, Apr 5
To recruit, hire, train and manage store personnel to achieve store sales plan, control expenses, and to protect company assets while pursing growth opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Meet and exceed personal and store sales goal and standards of performance.
- Provide a fun, full service experience to all customers.
- Recruit, interview, and hire high caliber employees with in store needs.
- Train and develop a successful sales team.
- Provide feedback, coaching, and accountability to all employees.
- Conduct Monthly Performance Reviews
- Conduct Monthly Store Meetings
- Recognize talented staff and develop them for growth within the company.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of daily store operations.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of Loss Prevention practices.
- Plan weekly staffing schedules in compliance with schedules policy.
- Resolve customer issues effectively.
- Understand the Journeys culture and demonstrate it to the team.
- Prior management experience in retail environment preferred.
- 1-2 years retail sales experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Desire to succeed in fast paced retail environment.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work 45 hours per week.
- Ability to work night and weekend shifts.
- Completed all training programs leading up to Manager in Training position.
- Stand for long periods of time
- Must be at least 18 years of age.*
* Age requirement for full time employment may vary based on state